Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

I think poetry is a form of writing that you can express your feelings about yourself. It can also be used to tell a story that you can relate to. Also, you can learn a lesson from that persons story and save yourself from having a big problem because you have already learned that lesson from reading somebody elses poetry.You can also learn how to write better and learn something about somebody else because you are reading and learning about someone.It is also used for doing all these things and sharing all of your problems or accomplishments in a poem.


The sound of the waves is always so soothing
I start my day off by surfing,It keeps my mind moving.
I want my life to be a vacation,
So, I can live and travel throughout the nations.
Although very tiny I am very strong,
And find my way through it when things go wrong.
By facing my fears with blood,sweat, and tears,
My greatness will continue to grow through the years.

I used rhyme in my poetic statement because I think the look and feeling that you get after reading this poetic statement can really give a brief description of who I am and what my dreams/goals are.I used rhyme by adding a word with the same word ending as the previous sentence. This poetic statement also has a rhythm because it has the same cadence throughout every sentence.Also, using rhythm can make your poetic statement flow and sound very nice and fluent.








No comments:

Post a Comment