Thursday, September 29, 2016

Verbal Landscapes

GageS_Retime from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.
I love nature it is a big part of my life. Surfing is one of the ways that nature impacts my life because I love the way the cold water touches my skin and the feeling of catching your first wave. Another thing that gives an impact on my life is hiking because I love to  push myself and concur the trail or get to the top of that mountain. Hiking also clears my mind from any negative thoughts. Nature is a big part of me and it helps me because it gives me all of its grass to walk on, ocean to swim in, mountains to hike on and food to eat. Everything that nature has in store for me impacts my life.

To make a Time-lapse video clip you start by taking a regular video for about five minutes. You have to take the video for a long time because it will be shortened.  Right after taking the video you can upload it to Final Cut Pro. Then, you speed up the clip so that it is only about a minute long. Although, you can speed up your clip as much as you want. 


To make a slow-mo video clip you first take a video for about ten seconds. You only have to take a video for about ten seconds because you are going to stretch out the clip. Next, you will transfer that clip to Final Cut Pro so it can be extend. You can slow the whole clip or part of the clip as ,much as you like.

During this project writing the poem was the most difficult to me. It took up a lot of my time to perfect the rhythm and rhyme in my poem. Though it might of been hard my poem turned out to have a meaningful message that represents me. The easiest part of this project was editing the video clips. This task was very simple because I have done this many times in the past using a similar app. I've had a lot of practice making and editing a lot of other videos. This project helped me gain a lot of knowledge and helped me learn a lot of new methods to accomplish the same thing.



During class yesterday the whole class watched my Retime Nature video. My results for my project were, 1 vote for exemplary, 21 votes for accomplished and 5 votes for Developing. I agree with my class votes because my video included all of the required elements and a few more extra clips. I could improved by reading my poem with more expressive intonation to make my video a little more exciteing. I also could improve by making my music a lot louder. This was a very fun and interesting project and it helped me improve my writing and talking skills.




No comments:

Post a Comment